There are many area attractions to captivate your attention while visiting Island Cottage. Flagler Beach is known for bicycle paths and hiking trails. The beach is just steps away, and bird watching is also available.
The Inn provides Bicycles to guests as well as beach chairs and beach umbrellas. Area attractions include Nature walks, Fishing, Hiking, Surfing and Swimming. The area also offers State Parks and Tennis. You can even launch your Kayak or small boat. In addition, Flagler Beach has great Restaurants, many overlooking the ocean!! Most of these attractions are within 2 1/2 Miles!
Flagler Beach RESTAURANTS & SHOPPING Include:
- Rocky’s Pizza – offers the Best pizza around! 2 miles north. You Can’t beat it!! They also offer indoor dining. 1 Bloch North of our traffic light in town.
- Blue Heron is 9 Blocks No. of traffic light in town. It offers Great Dinners Fri / Sat / Sun only. 15% OFF when you give your reservation card to Patsy. ENJOY!!
- GOLDEN LION has Live Music Fri, Sat & Sun. It is 5 blocks North of our traffic light in town. and offers GREAT FOOD, Great Music Fri/Sat/Sun PLUS you receive 10% OFF w/ Coupon.
- Fine Dining is offered from Island Grille at the Topaz Hotel. It offers Steaks and Chops plus a Great Sunday Brunch. It is just 1 mile North.
- Beachfront Grille and Sports bar has Friday PRIME RIB as well as Sunday Brunch and $5 Hamburgers on Tuesdays. It is just 1/2 Block South. You can walk there!!
- The Best Hamburgers & Smoked Fish Dip appetizer are at Snack Jacks on the ocean. It is just 5 Blocks South on the left (their valet parking is a city mandated requirement due to the curve in the road. It is Free.)
- Oceanside Grille is GREAT for all meals. Breakfast is our favorite, and it is just 5 blocks North. LOVE their generously topped Greek Salad for Lunch or dinner!!
- GREAT Mexican restaurant is “Dahlha” next to Publix. They offer a Happy Hour, Daily from 4 to 6. Turn Left at the traffic light in town – Go Over Bridge to light. Turn Right & Left into “PUBLIX” Shopping Center
- Chinese Cuisine next to “PUBLIX” is great for Lunch and Dinner.
Other Local Attractions include:
- “FIRST FRIDAYS” featuring “MUSIC in the PARK”
- The Flagler Beach Museum revealing the history of our lovely community.
- Flagler Beach’s own Radio Station “SURF 97.3 FM”. You’ll LOVE the music!!
- The eclectic shops down town offering something unique for everyone.
- The famous 650′ Flagler Beach Pier – an inviting place to stroll, fish or just relax.
- The Flagler Beach Marsh-walk featuring a winding boardwalk and footpath through the Flagler Beach marshland.
Our Area Attractions Include:
- The “LOOP” road and Marsh at Highbridge reveals a 35 mile glimpse of Florida’s past under a canopy of oaks beside a labyrinth of marshland grasses, estuaries and creeks. A stop at the “Fairchild Oak” 1/2 mile on the left along Old Dixie Hwy. Also, on the left corner of N. Beach St. and Rt 40, a small historic park is a MUST SEE! It has a tiny chapel that marks the general location of the FIRST Recognized Wedding in the New World. Behind the chapel is a lovely wooden river-walk. Also a MUST!!
- FAIRCHILD OAK, mentioned above is a great stop along the “Loop” http://www.squidoo.com/mighty-oak-trees
- Bulow Plantation Ruins State Park is a must, located 1 mile North of the Southern end of Old Kings Rd. Enjoy a look into the past when the area was a thriving sugar plantation with a Sugar Mill. Learn the history and enjoy the lovely scenery. (Honor Box admission – $4/ car)
- Tomoka State Park offers Kayaking & canoeing for a memorable vacation!
- St Augustine’s Historic District and Carriage rides just 32 miles North on A1A is a Must.
- WASHINGTON OAKS: Historic and beautiful with its gardens, streams and gazebos, this area is one you won’t forget! Just 14 miles North along A1A on the left.ttp://www.floridastateparks.org/washingtonoaks/default.cfm
- DAYTONA FLEA MARKET: http://www.daytonafleamarket.com/
- DAYTONA’S SPEEDWAY: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/
- CASTILLO de SAN MARCO – St. AUGUSTINE: http://www.nps.gov/casa/
- SWIMMING with the DOLPHINS (888-279-9194) http://www.marineland.net/
- BULOW PLANTATION RUINS:http://www.floridastateparks.org/bulowplantation/default.cfm
Here are the Area Attractions within 60 miles:
- RAVINE GARDENS – http://www.floridastateparks.org/ravinegardens/default.cfm
- DeLeon Springs State Park and World Famous Sugar Mill Cafe, a journey into Florida’s past with nature boat tours, paddle boats and GREAT Make-Your-Own pancakes! 386-985-4212 https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/De-Leon-Springs/
- SILVER SPRINGS & Glass Bottom Boat (352-236-2121) – http://www.silversprings.com/explore.html
- BLUE SPRINGS MANATEE VIEWING Nov-March (386-775-3663) – http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring