The highlight of Flagler Beach is, of course, the 6 miles of uncrowded, cinnamon-colored beach that remains undisturbed with tranquil, natural surroundings. There are many area attractions to captivate your attention while visiting Island Cottage.
Area attractions include nature walks, fishing, hiking, surfing, and boating. The area also offers State Parks and scenic drives. There is a nearby boat ramp to launch your kayak or small boat. From the marsh walks to museum tours, to the eclectic downtown shops, to Florida’s only oceanfront winery, the town of Flagler Beach offers a memorable, “old Florida” experience.
Local Attractions include:
- “FIRST FRIDAYS” featuring live music in the park
- The Flagler Beach Museum revealing the history of our lovely community
- The eclectic downtown shops offering something unique for everyone
- The famous 650′ Flagler Beach Pier – an inviting place to stroll, fish or just relax
- The Flagler Beach Marsh-walk featuring a winding boardwalk and footpath through the Flagler Beach marshland
Our Area Attractions Include:
- The “Loop” Road and Marsh at Highbridge reveals a 35 mile glimpse of Florida’s past under a canopy of oaks beside a labyrinth of marshland grasses, estuaries and creeks. A stop at the “Fairchild Oak” 1/2 mile on the left along Old Dixie Hwy. Also, on the left corner of N. Beach St. and Rt 40, a small historic park is a must see. It has a tiny chapel that marks the general location of the first recognized wedding in the New World. Behind the chapel is a lovely wooden river-walk, also a must see.
- Bulow Plantation Ruins State Park is located 1 mile North of the Southern end of Old Kings Rd. Enjoy a look into the past when the area was a thriving sugar plantation with a Sugar Mill. Learn the history and enjoy the lovely scenery. (Honor Box admission – $4/ car) https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/bulow-plantation-ruins-historic-state-park
- Tomoka State Park offers kayaking & canoeing with only a $5 entrance fee. https://www.floridastateparks.org/Tomoka
- St Augustine’s Historic District and Carriage rides are just 32 miles North on A1A.
- Washington Oaks: Historic and beautiful with its gardens, streams and gazebos, this area is one you won’t forget! Just 14 miles North along A1A on the left.ttp://www.floridastateparks.org/washingtonoaks/default.cfm
- Daytona’s Speedway: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/
- Swimming With The Dolphins at Marineland (888-279-9194) http://www.marineland.net/
Area Attractions within 60 miles:
- Ravine Gardens – http://www.floridastateparks.org/ravinegardens/default.cfm
- DeLeon Springs State Park and World Famous Sugar Mill Cafe, a journey into Florida’s past with nature boat tours, paddle boats and delicious Make-Your-Own pancakes. 386-985-4212 https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/De-Leon-Springs/
- Silver Springs & Glass Bottom Boat (352-236-2121) – http://www.silversprings.com/explore.html
- Blue Springs Manatee Viewing Nov-March (386-775-3663) – http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring
Area Attractions within 90 miles:
- KENNEDY SPACE CENTER – http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx
- DISNEYWORLD – http://www.guide2wdw.com/
- SEA WORLD – http://www.seaworld.com/
- EPCOT – http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/