There are many area attractions to captivate your attention while visiting Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn. Flagler Beach is known for bicycle paths and hiking trails. The beach is just steps away, and bird watching is also available.
The Inn provides bikes to guests as well as beach chairs and beach umbrellas. Area attractions include Nature walks, Fishing, Hiking, Surfing, and Swimming. The area also offers State Parks and Tennis. You can even launch your kayak or small boat. Most of these attractions are within 2 1/2 Miles!
Local Attractions include:
- “FIRST FRIDAYS” featuring “MUSIC in the PARK”
- The Flagler Beach Museum revealing the history of our lovely community.
- The eclectic shops downtown offering something unique for everyone.
- The famous 650′ Flagler Beach Pier – an inviting place to stroll, fish or just relax.
- The Flagler Beach Marsh-walk featuring a winding boardwalk and footpath through the Flagler Beach marshland.
Our Area Attractions Include:
- The “LOOP” road and Marsh at Highbridge reveals a 35 mile glimpse of Florida’s past under a canopy of oaks beside a labyrinth of marshland grasses, estuaries and creeks. A stop at the “Fairchild Oak” 1/2 mile on the left along Old Dixie Hwy. Also, on the left corner of N. Beach St. and Rt 40, a small historic park is a MUST SEE! It has a tiny chapel that marks the general location of the FIRST Recognized Wedding in the New World. Behind the chapel is a lovely wooden river-walk. Also a MUST!!
- FAIRCHILD OAK, mentioned above is a great stop along the “Loop” http://www.squidoo.com/mighty-oak-trees
- Bulow Plantation Ruins State Park is a must, located 1 mile North of the Southern end of Old Kings Rd. Enjoy a look into the past when the area was a thriving sugar plantation with a Sugar Mill. Learn the history and enjoy the lovely scenery. (Honor Box admission – $4/ car)
- Tomoka State Park offers Kayaking & canoeing for a memorable vacation!
- St Augustine’s Historic District and Carriage rides just 32 miles North on A1A is a Must.
- WASHINGTON OAKS: Historic and beautiful with its gardens, streams and gazebos, this area is one you won’t forget! Just 14 miles North along A1A on the left.ttp://www.floridastateparks.org/washingtonoaks/default.cfm
- DAYTONA FLEA MARKET: http://www.daytonafleamarket.com/
- DAYTONA’S SPEEDWAY: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/
- CASTILLO de SAN MARCO – St. AUGUSTINE: http://www.nps.gov/casa/
- SWIMMING with the DOLPHINS (888-279-9194) http://www.marineland.net/
- BULOW PLANTATION RUINS:http://www.floridastateparks.org/bulowplantation/default.cfm
Area Attractions within 60 miles:
- RAVINE GARDENS – http://www.floridastateparks.org/ravinegardens/default.cfm
- DeLeon Springs State Park and World Famous Sugar Mill Cafe, a journey into Florida’s past with nature boat tours, paddle boats and GREAT Make-Your-Own pancakes! 386-985-4212 https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/De-Leon-Springs/
- SILVER SPRINGS & Glass Bottom Boat (352-236-2121) – http://www.silversprings.com/explore.html
- BLUE SPRINGS MANATEE VIEWING Nov-March (386-775-3663) – http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring
Area Attractions within 90 miles:
- KENNEDY SPACE CENTER – http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx
- DISNEYWORLD – http://www.guide2wdw.com/
- SEA WORLD – http://www.seaworld.com/
- EPCOT – http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/